Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Remember Mao's Little Red Book ?

You will, if you are a certain age.
It captivated - especially in France -
millions of bored young people
who did not permit themselves to have an inkling
of the terrible things that Mao and his wife
wrought in China - horrors worse that those
performed on Russia by Djugashvili.

Here is John Gray on the subject:

"... one must bear in mind the fathomless frivolity of some on the French left." 
[which has left its mark on an utterly frivolous French society]

He goes on to say in this review:
"The Little Red Book has now achieved what looks like being its most enduring significance:
as a piece of capitalist kitsch."

1 comment:

Pessimist in Albany said...

"I gave up ideology the day I lost my looks/ I never found a publisher for my little red books" -Momus