Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Saturday 25 August 2012

What I learned from my 6-minute slot on BBC Radio 4.

Interviewers and politicians deserve each other.

The famous interviewer (CBE, or
Commander of the Bloodbath British Empire*,
no less!) obviously had an agenda -
which I suspect was not even his,
but foisted on him by the faceless
programme-makers - for he
(or the editor) went out of his way
to alter what I had to say
about our scary civilisation
and my regret at having a sickly-coloured skin.

He was impatient with what I told him
was necessary narrative information
- which could have been edited later
by someone with integrity.
He talked over me, hurried me on...
sounded like he was in haste
and wanted to get somewhere else
(as everyone seems to do nowadays) -
or interview somebody more to his taste.

Although I did manage to say one
thing I thought important à propos my failure
to live with the 'Pygmies' of the Likouala forest,
it was removed.  I don't want to sound
like an old, complaining curmudgeon -
but I didn't even get to say
that Original Sin is religion.


*Of course all empires (from Babylon to Washington), 
all civilisations, being based on the Principle of Smash & Grab,
involve blood-baths.

No comments: