Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Class Distinction

Since I am financed by the British
(that is to say English) Government,
it is essential to affirm
what class I belong to.

I have genital tattoos, piss in the sink
and have been imprisoned for shoplifting
- so obviously I am of a lower order of
Working Class.

I speak French, bad German and Danish,
drink wine with my evening meal,
talk to dogs, am familiar with many megaliths
and piano trios,
and have swapped plants
& lunched with aristocracy
of two countries
- so obviously I am of a lower order of
Upper Class.

I bought a house
















(almost Off the Peg) -
which in itself makes me Middle Class.

I have always thought for myself,
and made all my own mistakes
since I was sixteen.
I paint, translate, write poetry,
allow "weeds" to grow, guerrilla-plant,
and live alone - so I consider myself
a very minor member of the
Independent or Subversive Class.

But my kind & truly-Bohemian
friend Jindra
[see comment below]
flatters me by saying that I am
in a Class of my Own -
sui generis, but insignificant.

2 comments:

Jindra K. Hrdlička said...

I think, you are in Class of Your Own.

And I can recognize Class.
I came from classless society, spent my working days in front of a class and thanks to Internet met a man in Front of a class.
You are not just inspiring me intellectually, but I may even try this pissing in the sink stuff.

Wofl said...

When you get older, pissing in the basin or sink (exactly the right height for most men) avoids spraying the floor around the toilet-bowl...not to mention the seat, if you are a careless kind of man...