Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Sunday 29 January 2012

On the death of a former lover

"It is with a profound sense of sadness and loss..."
I read, on idly Googling my old friend William,
who was such fun to eat with in his early twenties,
and who said,
when he was fucking me with his sweet wee dick,
that it felt much more like me fucking him.
He liked my paintings for their unrefinement.
I painted him. You can see that portrait here.
Compare it with the obituary-photo.
An early work of his hangs in my bedroom -
I haven't looked at it for years...
Now shall go up the stairs.

1 comment:

Wofl said...

Tonnerre de Brest!

- he was a memer of Aosdána - the Irish equivalent of the Académie française, to which Famous Séamus also belongs ! William (like Séamus) certainly had ambition (if very limited, very controlled talent) and that was why we parted.

I had no wish to be associated with anyone with ambition, and he had no wish to hang around with an anti-ambitious hermit twenty years his senior, who painted more or less what he saw and felt.