Dingo the Dissident

THE BLOG OF DISQUIET : Qweir Notions, an uncommonplace-book from the Armpit of Diogenes, binge-thinker jottings since 2008 .

Monday 21 June 2010

Travelling

(inspired by Orhan Veli)

I have no intention of travelling.
I am happy in these gorgeous gorges
of the Aveyron.
But if I were to travel
I wouldn't go to Beijing,
La Paz or Mafeking.
One day you might think
you've seen me making
taking magic potions
somewhere beyond the seven oceans,
farther from here than eerie Pyongyang...

but I told you:
I have no intention of travelling.

2 comments:

Wofl said...

Orhan Veli Kanik (1914-1950) was a wonderfully-sardonic/ironic Turkish poet whose influence on modern Balkan, Central European and perhaps also Russian poetry has not been recognised.

I shall very shortly put up a page of his poems on my website, so look out for www.beyond-the-pale.co.uk/kanik.htm

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always...